Pay Your Bill
Calendar
Meetings
Conservation
Customer Forms

PPHCSD History

In February 2008, the citizens of Phelan and Piñon Hills overwhelmingly voted to separate the Water, Parks and Recreation, and Street Lighting Districts from the County and create a Community Services District.  The Phelan Piñon Hills Community Services District was established through an election on February 5, 2008. With an 81% approval rating, the voters approved the formation of the District as a consolidation of three Special Districts; Zone-L70 Water, CSA-9 Phelan Parks and Street Lighting and CSA56-F1 Piñon Hills Parks.  This consolidation enabled the communities to establish a form of self-governance while maintaining their individual rural integrity. The 128 square mile District is the largest Community Service District in San Bernardino County. In March 2008, the Phelan Piñon Hills Community Services District was formed (LAFCO Resolution 2994), with a five-member Board of Directors elected to govern the District.

Between March 2008 and June 30, 2008, during the early stages of the transition, the District continued to be operated and maintained by County of San Bernardino Special Districts.  From July 1, 2008, through October 2008, the Directors outsourced the operations and maintenance of the District and began the recruitment process.  In August, a General Manager was hired and in October through November 2008, the majority of the remaining staff was employed.

LAFCO Resolution No. 2994 - Formation of PPHCSD

LAFCO Resolution No. 3153 - Activation of Solid Waste Powers

LAFCO Certificate of Completion - Annexation of District Property in El Mirage
4176 Warbler Road   Phelan, CA 92371   Phone: 760-868-1212