Phelan Pinon Hills Community Services District encourages customers to continue their very careful and responsible use of water to maintain a plentiful supply of high quality water for its customers today and tomorrow. PPHCSD does not currently have any restrictions on water use. Our customers recognize that water is one of our most precious and important resources. Saving water also saves money, energy and the environment.
Look for ways you can use less water whenever possible and try some of following conservation tips.
Indoor Water Saving Tips
• Check all plumbing for leaks; a faucet dripping one drop per second can waste 2,700 gallons per year. A leaking toilet can waste
up to 50 gallons of water a day.
• Keep showers short.
• Turn off water while brushing teeth or shaving.
• Wash only full loads in the clothes washer and dishwasher.
• Consider replacing older water-using appliances such as clothes washers with newer, more efficient models. High efficiency
clothes washers can save up to 30 gallons a load.
• In addition to new appliances, replace other water guzzling devices. Change to low-flow shower heads and high efficiency
• Many of you have inquired about participating in the popular HighDesertSavesWater.org rebate and voucher program to save
water and money.
Water Smart Landscaping Tips
• Avoid evaporation. Schedule irrigation timers to water during evening and early morning hours.
• Adjust the irrigation schedule throughout the year as plant water requirements change. Install a drip irrigation system to
eliminate overspray, runoff, and evaporation.
• Convert spray sprinklers to water-efficient rotary sprinklers by installing MP Rotator nozzles.
• Consider replacing grass and non-native plant species with High Desert natives that can survive with little or no water after they’re
established. Find local sources of natives and Desert Friendly plants,
• Train your plants. Water deeply and infrequently and the roots will follow!
• Graywater irrigation systems are legal in the County of San Bernardino and should be considered as a method of conservation.
• Click here to view PPHCSD’s Irrigation Guide.
For tips on irrigation, watering trees, workshop calendars, and more, click on the following web sites:
• To help preserve our region's water sources, visit the Lohontan Regional Water Quality Control Board for more tips and links.
• Southern Nevada Water Authority’s website offers Irrigation Tips and important information for winter watering to ensure good
• The Alliance for Water Awareness and Conservation’s Plant of the Month and calendar provide information on plants and
upcoming landscape workshops.
• Coachella Valley Water District’s ‘Lush and Efficient - Landscape Gardening in the Coachella Valley’ guide is available as a
free download. Look for plants that are hardy to 15 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Check out Mojave Water Agency’s Water Conservation Facts and Tips
• The SummerTree Institute has excellent information on native plants and creating a survivable area around your home,
under Fire Recovery Workshop on their website.
• U.S. Environmental Protection Agency WaterSense®
Phelan Piñon Hills Community Services District 4176 Warbler Road Phelan, CA 92371 Phone: 760-868-1212 Fax: 760-868-2323 Site Map Contact Us